Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Have a Magical Day!

Funny picture my niece took of my almost 11 year old daughter.
Perspective is a funny thing, isn't it?
Thank you so much for your comments on my last post.  Today, I am busy preparing school days consisting of math pages, hard work tilling the soil and en plein air painting.  If they each bring a clip board, they can figure numbers and paint outdoors, right?  Easels are for sissies.  :)

I'm caught up on dishes and laundry.  My house is basically clean.  I have a list of items to purchase for the birthday girl whose 11th Birthday Party is tomorrow evening and time to buy them.  The sun may be sneaking around the thick bank of rain/snow clouds that has been hovering lately.  My husband only has two more days of his six week out-of-town rotation.  We have a ride for our son so he can spend Spring Break with us. (Still needs a ride back down, but we'll take what we can get!)  My sister's first grand baby is due soon, but her daughter is obediently staving off labor until Mollie can get to her.  We have some coughing, but no real sickness in the house.  My vacuum cleaner works and the old van in my driveway keeps starting.

To top it all off, I called Disneyland to make reservations at the two places we needed reservations.  The first exciting thing about that is that we are now less than 60 days away from Disneyland.  Second, that we were able to get reservations at the times and places we wanted reservations.  And, finally, because the cast member wished me a "magical day!" at the end of our call.  Now, in most circumstances, if someone wished me a magical day, I might cock my eyebrow and give them a side-long glance.  But coming from Disney?  It WORKED!  I giggled as I hung up the phone.  Then I clapped my hands and hollered at the girls to tell them that we are one step closer.  We all danced around the room for a few minutes before I called to report on the delightful news to my mother.  I think I may have been talking to Tinkerbell and I'm pretty sure she sent fairy dust through the wire.

Don't just have a great day today, have a magical one!

Love,
The Crazy MotherShip

1 comment:

  1. Oh Emily, Thanks for the smile- I just got back from grocery shopping with my 4 children (under 6) and a magical day sounds wonderful! Come to thinkd of it, getting the kitchen clean and the laundry put away would be quite magical! :)

    ReplyDelete