Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My Husband


While I am at home, living out my dream life, my husband is working.


He gets up at 3:45 in the morning!  He grooms, does a little personal religious study, kneels by the bed to pray with his barely conscious wife, then braves the snow and ice of the early morning hours.  First, he heads to the library to study for the NAPLEX (North American Pharmacist Licensure Examination) which he will have to take in June.  Around the time the rest of us are getting out of bed, he goes to the hospital for his eight hour shift where he pays to work (tuition).  After "school," he drives across town to the community pharmacy where he works to pay for the gas required to heat the air around our house, food for his family, ballet shoes and piano lessons.  At about 6:45 pm, he pulls into the driveway where he proclaims, "No, I'm not tired!  I feel great!"  He eats dinner, plays with the girls, listens to me and acknowledges the efforts of the wildly wagging dog.  He (usually) leads his family in prayer and scripture study before he crawls into bed at 8:30.

Do you see how it is that I can lead this idyllic life?  It is because of my dear companion.  More evidence that I really did win the lottery.

1 comment:

  1. You are blessed indeed! And so is he! It's so nice to find other people who are in the "thick" of life, just getting by or making do, and doing it so happily! (most of the time) :)

    ReplyDelete