Sunday, April 1, 2012

I Crafted

Just so everyone knows, I crafted.  My good friend, who is not a runner, ran a 1/2 marathon yesterday.  I cannot say that my accomplishment compares well with hers, but it does compare poorly.  :)

NOT MADE BY THE MOTHERSHIP

This is what happened.  A friend from college has been following my preparations for Disneyland.  She sent me the above picture of a Minnie Mouse hair clip she had found on Pinterest.  She encouraged me to make them for my daughters.

I went to collage with her in 1995.  That is a long time ago--a long time for her to forget that I don't craft.  I would rather build you a new deck than do the tiny, repetitive movements required to craft.  But the picture was so-o cute!  Darn that Pinterest!

Last night, my son and husband went to the Priesthood Session of General Conference and I determined to have a fun girl's night with my daughters.  I found the required scraps, asked my girl if I could use the new glue gun her aunt gave her for her recent birthday and prepared myself to have fun, crafting away with my daughters.

It was everything I could do not to swear and not to scream and not to throw the glue gun out the window. I know some of you live and breath for the Crafting Channel.  I know your "me time" is any time you can have a glue gun in your hand.  I love you for your talents, but I have to admit that I do not understand you. Crafting time for me is a practice in patience.  How many times did I count 10 or take deep, calming, don't-freak-out-here breaths?  I made mistake after mistake and the worst part is that I couldn't even blame it on anyone else!  I was the screw-up every flipping time!  But alas, we finally completed eight Minnie Clips (though it still wasn't enough to make me lament having been blessed with so many daughters).

\

Don't look too closely.  No, I'm serious. I made the picture small for a reason.

The red ticking Minnie's will go with this Classic Mickey tee-dress.


While the white and blue will go with these simple t-shirts.


There are many flaws in my character, but no one can say I don't craft.

Because, clearly, I do . . .



at least once every 10 years or so.


5 comments:

  1. Those are pretty cute, but I completely understand where you are coming from. Crafting is so stressful for me-- I don't enjoy it at all.
    By the way, I think I can call myself a runner since I do it more than once ever ten years;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and for the record, I think my 13.1 miles was way less stressful than making your mickey clips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Betsy, you most certainly qualify as a runner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I literally just finished making my version of crafting --"homemade laundry soap" and felt so proud of myself for making something from Pinterest and thought...hmmm...wonder what Emily's blog says today. To my surprise you were crafting too. Very cute Minnie Mouse hairclips....yes! darn that pinterest! Wish I had a cute girl to put them on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are really cute Emily-

    ReplyDelete