Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Word to the Wise

If you are booking hotels online using a discount reservation company, always call the hotel and check with them to make sure they got the reservation correct.

I called one of the hotels because it had some confusing language about smoking or non-smoking rooms.  Turned out, not only were we booked into a smoking room, we also had been booked into a room with one double bed.  There are seven of us.  Seven.  (I know we're supposed to get two hotels rooms . . . we aren't.)  The standard two queen bed rooms will be cramped enough.


Since one placed had things mixed up, I figured it would be a good idea to call all of our hotels.  Boy am I glad I did!  Three places had us booked in a one bed room.  One hotel had our date totally wrong.  One didn't have our reservation at all.  Out of ten hotels, those are not good numbers.

So, while you can get a good deal, better call ahead to make sure the hotel knows you are coming!

1 comment:

  1. Wow- that's not good at all! I've always had good luck in the past using discount reservation companies- but it has been several years now. I've heard more recently that you can often get a better deal if you call the hotel front desk directly- though I haven't actually tried it.

    I'm glad you got things figured out early though- that would have been horrible to find out while on vacation!

    ReplyDelete