Friday, May 18, 2012

The Day My Husband Had the Camera

On our fourth day in Disneyland, I handed my husband the camera. 
 "I want to see what catches your eye today," I declared as I handed it over.

Four pictures.  

Well, my readers will probably be happy, I thought.  :)


Turns out, all of the pictures he took were after moments when I said something like, "Don't forget you have the camera!"


We chose to finish out California Adventure on this day.  You know, they have some great rides over there. We all loved Soarin' Over California, Little Mermaid and Monster's Inc. were cute, Toy Story Mania was fun, Bug's Land was darling and clever (the only 3D show I liked) and Aladdin was a great show, but. . . it was missing the magic of Disneyland.  If you want to go on fun rides, go to the amusement park closest to you.  Maybe when these shows are classics and the trees are full-grown the park will hold a different appeal (probably by the time our children are bringing their families to the park), but right now it is just a noisy, busy, hot amusement park.  While we enjoyed many of the features of the park (and could have watched World of Color every night), none of us could wait to get back to the Magic Kingdom.

Picture #3:  The Enchanted Tiki Room and Pineapple Whips
You want magic?  You got magic.


This day was overall the most difficult.  This is not say we didn't have a great time, we just had more bumps in the road than any other day.  We were all exhausted, we'd spent most of the day in California Adventure, which was not our favorite, and I'd begun thinking we had planned for too many days.  


All of those thoughts were about to be vanquished.

It is amazing what a good night's sleep can do.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let you know that I saw the pineapple ice cream. (I'm expecting a shipment with dry ice and my own tiki ice cream to be arriving in the mail any day now.)

    ReplyDelete