Saturday, May 12, 2012

Let's Get This Party Started!


 Despite our late night, it was no problem getting everyone up for our first day in the Magic Kingdom.  We were out the door 45 minutes before the park opened.  These pictures are slightly posed in that I said, "Okay, guys.  We're on our way to Disneyland!!" and this was what happened.


It was about a 10-15 minute walk to the gates (even though our hotel window looks onto the cinder block wall of California Disney) so we got there 30 minutes early.  Since it was a Tuesday, we were pretty much right at the front of the line.  


It was at this point that I made a classic novice mistake.  I bought the tickets online.  The printed voucher said to take the sheet of paper to any ticket entrance.  Turns out the ticket entrance is different than the regular entrance.  We were turned away to go the actual ticket entrance.  Boo Hoo!  We lost all of our head start and I was kind of pouty about it for a few minutes.  (It ended up being no big deal at all because it was a Tuesday in May and it was still only 8:03 when we got in.  :)


Smiles are back on!

Before we left, I had a little talk with my teenage son.  I told him that Disneyland is magical and that he will feel that magic.  I also explained how some teenagers think it is uncool to admit that they are feeling that magic--thinking they will look childish.  The ones who are trying to play that game are the ones who look silly.
The talk was unnecessary.  He absolutely felt it--just as the rest of us did--when we saw this magical sign:

There was no restraining of joy at any level!

Oh, my gosh.  I have so much more to share, but the laundry just buzzed.  

First Day in Disneyland, May 2012
More to come . . . .



2 comments:

  1. I'm not afraid to admit that I get a little teary eyed and giddy when I walk through the entrance of Disneyland. I just love it. my whole family does. There is just something...magical...about that place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, Love, LOVE the Dumbo ride......that is all there is to it!!!

    Your family will never, EVER forget this amazing "Grand Celebration (Western States) Tour"!!

    I am so SUPER-MEGA-ULTRA Happy for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete