Wednesday, May 9, 2012

We are Those Parents

Driving out of College Town and onto Vacation Town, Justin and I were a bit giddy, as could be expected.


It was a very pretty day and the drive was as pretty as only Spring can make Southern Utah.  We were listening to the radio and singing along quietly to the random selection of songs provided by the rental car's satellite radio.  


Then it happened. 

Bel Biv Devoe came on.  Justin and I were in the middle of nowhere, driving a full minivan, singing at the top of our lungs:

It's drivin' me out of my mind,
That's why it's hard for me to find.
Can't get her out of my head.
Kiss her, miss her, love her.

That girl is poison!!

And just like that, we were those parents.  The ones in the commercials joyfully singing outdated songs from their childhood while the kids in the back, with their mouths hanging open, wondered what kind of aliens replace their parents.


It was awesome.


1 comment:

  1. No.....I'm betting it was SUPER-AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete