Friday, June 29, 2012

Living the Life

This morning, my husband prepared his Sunday School lesson, changed the fluids in my car, helped with the children, got a haircut and chopped firewood.  It may not seem like anything special, but for a man who is used to not having days off (including weekends) for many years, a day with nothing to do but "normal" activities is so satisfying.

It isn't a fabulous picture because I snapped it from inside the house--behind the plastic-wrapped windows.  But, it was a sweet moment that needed capturing.  (I love how Patches is right there with him like he is an integral part of the work party.)


I think we're going to like our graduated dad.

1 comment:

  1. I feel this way each time my husband comes home from a deployment. Suddenly everyday things like him putting the kids to bed seem really special.

    ReplyDelete