Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Grumpy

I can't say I've had a bad day because not all of it was bad.  But I am having a rough time of things this evening.  None of the things are super bad in and of themselves, but put them together and I want to lock myself in my bedroom and suck my thumb.

  • We are dog-sitting for a friend.  He is a miniature dachshund.  Things are a little dicey as he and our Patches try to make sure the other knows they are in complete control of this pad.
  • My daughter just gave herself a BAD mullet.  I don't know how I will fix it.  Her hair was finally starting to grow.
  • The boy was supposed to have a Scout activity at a lake that is about a 20 minute drive from our house.  Either he had the wrong information or the activity was cancelled and no one let us know.  After the drive there, sitting for a long time hoping the start time was 30 minutes later, then the drive home after no one showed up, we still don't know what happened.  
  • Isaac's ride to Salt Lake City fell through tonight.  Plane tickets are now over $400.  As you can imagine, we don't have that kind of money.
  • He was also supposed to have a Physician's note, a fact I didn't know.  We don't have insurance anymore, though we also do not yet have the pharmacists pay.  If I had known about that last week, he would have had insurance for a doctor's visit.
  • We can't pay the retainer on the architect and I want to see a drawing of my house!
  • My vacuum cleaner is broken and my floor is embarrassing.  
Okay.  I'm done.  See?  Nothing there that is the end of the world, but I'm grumpy about it anyway!  Time to count my blessings . . .
  • We've had a very wet Spring and Summer so wildfires are not threatening my house.
  • We've had a very wet Spring and Summer so the  mercury has not shattered the top of the thermostat.
  • We can pay our necessary bills.
  • Now that it is Summer, we can have friends over for dinner--in the back yard.
  • We have a book on tape to help pass the time in the car.
  • I have a remarkably wonderful family who love me even when I'm being grumpy and unreasonable.
I feel better already.

Her hair still looks like crap.




3 comments:

  1. Oh Dear Friend, I am sorry you're in a bit of a rough patch. You do have some very legitimate reasons to be grouchy. Hopefully you'll get things sorted out-- you are so wise to count your blessings. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you write posts like these- it helps me remember that I'm not the only person who faces hard things, and that it's OK to have grumpy days, and because at the end you are so good to count your blessings- it makes me want to be better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed so hard I sounded like one of those wheezy old men. I'm sorry your day was so bad but boy was it funny to read about!!!! Still want to get together soon with you guys and enjoy that backyard and a look at the new mullet. :)

    ReplyDelete