Friday, July 20, 2012

Update

Guess what came in the mail today.
Okay, I'll just tell you. 

Justin is now a licensed Pharmacist.  


There was a lot of hooting and hollering, clapping and jumping, hugging and and overwhelming feeling of relief.  

You have no idea how nice it has been to have someone to help do the jobs I have normally had to do on my own.  Jobs like digging and moving sod, fixing things, helping educate the children and even helping everyone get ready to go swimming!  


Something is wrong with our dryer.  It is mega loud.  Because of the summer heat (and my lack of a clothes line) I've been trying to only launder at night.  Our bedroom is right by the dryer.  Doing the laundry at night has helped with the temperature inside our house, but it isn't my favorite lullaby.
Here.  Let me show you:


The good news is that my husband is officially and totally done with school and has volunteered to solve this problem for me. 
Yeah for me!!

We have had an extra share of stormy weather up here this year.  I LOVE it, love it, LOVE it.  You have to hear how loud the rain is on our roof. Here are a couple of my daughters (one in her Luna Lovegood getup) and a niece.


The boy repented and has even given a few honest and enthusiastic thank you's over the past several days.
We got the bed built, closet rod hooked up and dresser slipped into place.  The room is still only about 6' x 5', but at least it isn't the living room couch!


It is still pouring down rain with massive amounts of electricity coursing through the air.  
The boy is on the side of a mountain on a backpacking trip with his Scout Troop.  
Good thing my dad is who he is.  Isaac should be plenty prepared.

I made a goal a while back to read all of the Newbery winners.  I forgot about it until recently.  
You know what?  Not all of them are amazing.
But enough of them are that I keep going.

So that's my story this week.  Not too exciting, but based on the stories on the news, I can safely say that I'm not interested in exciting in my life right now.

5 comments:

  1. I think our boys will be fine although I miss mine A LOT. I had John listen to the dryer and he said it sounds like a bearing is bad. It's possible the drum is rubbing on the mounting hardware. It's a fairly easy fix. He did it to our dryer many times over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!! How exciting for it to be official now!

    Your dryer video made me smile because our dryer has been making loud noises the past several weeks. Ours sounds like car brakes squeeling- not fun! Yesterday my husband pulled it apart and fixed it- woohoo! Hope you get yours fixed soon.

    And, I am amazed at how you can make such a functional bedroom in such a small space- very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Supreme Commander.....is supremely AWESOME!!

    HUGE Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Can you believe it is finally here? So happy for you and proud of you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea for his room. And compared to this, it's palatial. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/542031 It's a hostel in Germany I think, where you rent your little house, and then you can put it wherever you want. Obviously there's no bathroom or kitchen (since the entire thing is 1m x 1m x 2m), so you eat and use the restroom in a common house nearby.

    ReplyDelete