Friday, August 17, 2012

School Supplies


 I have most of our school supplies in one cabinet.  Other than books and the computer, everything we need to have a successful school day is available here.  It has been a disaster for many months . . . which means school has been a disaster for those same many months.

Since the beginning of July, I have been hitting the school supply deals.  Each week, I watch the paper and only buy the stuff that is an amazing deal (pack of pens for a penny, ream of paper for a nickel, notebooks for a dime, scissors for a quarter, etc.).  Although the deals are not quite over, my already too small closet was bursting with school supplies.


This might seem like a lot of stuff to you, but I promise we will still run out of a few things; crayons, paints, tape--still looking for more deals on those.  On the other hand, I may never need to buy paper clips again (no one needs 400 paper clips)!

It took a long time, but the school cabinet now looks like this:


Ahh!  So much better!  So many unwrinkled sheets of paper.  So many unbroken crayons.  So many not-dried-out glue sticks.

Just having this space cleaned out and organized has started my brain gears a'grinding.  There are so many things to learn!!  I think we are going to learn about space--with a large side of sci-fi.  Planets, constellations,  and actual space travel with interplanetary communications, worm holes and some freaky space creatures mixed in.  Doesn't that sound fun?  You are welcome to drop by and join us at any time.


1 comment:

  1. If you weren't so far away I would totally come and join you for a few days- I want to watch you in action and (as one of my university teachers taught me) beg, borrow, and steal (ideas) from other teachers! Happy Homeschooling!

    ReplyDelete