Monday, September 10, 2012

Project Organize Me

My current "filing system" for random paperwork that doesn't exactly have a home.
Also, please notice the thick coating of dust on our wedding picture.
I am falling apart from the outside in.  I think it's usually the other way around, 
but this small-space living is really getting to me.  
MY grass is dead.  Mine.  The gardening lady.  
I have no flower beds and my peedly vegetable garden is already nearly gone because of the frost.  
We only got three cherry tomatoes out of the deal.

What is wrong with me?  I'm not depressed, my husband has a great job, my children are all happy and healthy and I live in the most beautiful place in the universe.
Really, Emily.  What's the deal?

After much introspection, I decided that I need an organizational overhaul.
I'm frustrated by my environment.
I'm not one of those people who are in love with spread sheets.  I know how to use them and I appreciate their beauty when taped to the fridge, but it is not joyful for me to tippity-type them up.  In fact, creating those helpful documents stresses me out.

BUT SOMETHING MUST BE DONE!

Over the next few days, you will be subject to the way a naturally unorganized woman goes about organizing her life.  It won't be pretty. It will be raw and you will judge me.
Fine.
At least I have curves.
And good hair.
And more freckles than you.
Er . . .

You shall discover my plan to organize:

  1. Meals
  2. Finances
  3. Bill Paying and Mail Sorting
  4. Household Chores
  5. Home School
  6. The Closets, Clothes and Shoes
  7. The Award System
  8. My Church Assignments
  9. The Heapa Heapa Must-Keep School Work and Art
It won't all happen at once and I am prepared to fail a bunch, but eventually it has to get better.  
It has to because I'm pretty close the bottom of the barrel right now.

The costume box.  Upon not-so-careful inspection, you will discover that there
are much more than costumes in there.

3 comments:

  1. I'm one of those people who LOVES to create charts! (it drives my husband crazy) My life looks awesome on paper- if only I could make it a reality!

    I probably shouldn't admit this, but I'm kind of excited to see how you go about it- you have such great ideas and insights I'm hoping to learn a few things. And maybe I can share a few tips that work for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love me some good organizing, just helped a couple sisters get through a few of their own piles. As for school art projects, you could take photos of them so you don't have to keep the actual things. Maybe one or two of the best. Just a thought. Looking forward to hearing your ideas and questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in the same place. Moving truck arrived yesterday and I'm going crazy trying to put the whole house together. It was so much easier without the stuff here!! (We were living in a mostly empty house almost 2 months due to our overseas move). I think the first step to organizing is getting rid of excess. I learned I can live on a lot less stuff, so no way are we keeping everything that's getting unpacked!

    ReplyDelete