Saturday, September 1, 2012

Silly in the Big, Big Trees

Laughing at Dad--who apparently was making fun of me while I was taking the picture.
Typical.
It's hard to compete with the Redwoods, but this ancient cedar grove does a pretty good job of it.  Some of the trees were more than 500 years old.  They are super large, but have the added bonus of the gorgeous red, strippy bark and the soft green moss.  It is an enchanted place.

The kids crawled inside one of the dead, burned out trunks.  I stuck my camera inside--that was as close to getting in as this rodent phobic woman could bare.


Crawling out of one of the many little Peter Rabbit houses they found 
"under the root of a very big fir tree."


Best of friends.  She is so patient with his constant dancing!  
I would have been hollering at him to Get a Move On!  
She just waited.


I don't quite know what happened, but somewhere along this short hike through the cedars, the posing began.  


It was like they suddenly couldn't hold still and smile.  As soon as I whipped out the camera, they struck a pose.


There are more . . . so many more.  I'll spare you the brunt.  This one cracks me up because they were supposed to be "gangster."  They dropped their pants a bit and flashed, wait for it, peace signs.  Hahaha!  
Remember that scene in Indiana Jones when the bad guys wanted to find Professor Brody?

Bad Guy He sticks out like a sore thumb. We'll find him. 
Indiana Jones: The hell you will. He's got a two day head start on you, which is more than he needs. Brody's got friends in every town and village from here to the Sudan, he speaks a dozen languages, knows every local custom, he'll blend in, disappear, you'll never see him again. With any luck, he's got the grail already. 
[Cut to middle of fair in the Middle East, Marcus Brody wearing bright suit and white hat, sticking out like sore thumb
Marcus Brody: Uhhh, does anyone here speak English? 

Yeah.  That would be my kids. 
Channeling Marcus Brody.
But, I mean, how stinkin' darling are they?


Here is our young one, carrying an armload full of rocks, the unneeded jacket and interesting sticks. 
Who knows.


At one particularly striking viewpoint, Justin snagged a shot of me in front the amazing backdrop.  We took a normal picture, then, in the spirit of the day . . . 


 . . . a kid inspired pose.


Over and Out,
Yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment