Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Guess What I Saw!

Remember this?


It is the precious 8th seat.  Yesterday, I had a little glimpse of the future occupant of said seat.

That's right.  We have a new baby coming!!

And now you also know the reason for last week's panic attack.  I was afraid terrified that I'd lost the baby.

After a long first visit at the doctor's office and my telling her the history of last year's pain and heartache, she finally pulled out the doppler so we could hear the baby's heart tones.  I wanted to skip everything--all of the patient history, the discussing of symptoms, and the explanation of paperwork.  I wanted to hear those precious sounds first and then I'd be willing to talk until I was blue in the face.

Patiently I waited.

Then I was rewarded with the most beautiful, strong heartbeat you've ever heard.  All of the tension I've been storing up over the past few weeks bubbled up and the tears burst out.  It was such a relief!  The nurse practitioner (my doctor was at the hospital) stood there and bawled along with me.  She kept that device securely in place for a long time as we both sobbed over the miracle of the sound.  It is a moment I will never forget and that filled me with gratitude.

I know things can still go wrong.  I know that we still may not get to bring this already loved baby home, but I also know that yesterday Heavenly Father blessed me with added strength for whatever is to come.

Baby #7, due in mid-April.  
Hooray!

12 comments:

  1. That's wonderful news!! Congratulations to your family and hope you're feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious and sweet! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray and Hoorah! Very exciting and all best wishes and prayers for continued success.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! How wonderful and exciting for your family (both the new car and the new baby)!! I'll admit, I got a bit teary eyed reading your news!

    My next pregnancy after our baby girl died brought a whole new range of emotions. I loved hearing those heart tones early on and when I started feeling movements it was so incredibly wonderful. Even in my sixth pregnancy the feeling of baby moving was exciting to me- but it was especially so that time around because it was a little daily reassurance that everything was still good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Emily! I'm so happy for you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray!!! I'm so happy for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! So happy for you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great news! So happy for you guys! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. INCREDIBLE-WONDERFUL-AMAZING CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete