Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween

A little dolly.
Happy Day-After, everyone.  Err . . . Happy All Saints Day!

Halloween was a wonderful holiday this year.  Our church had a big shebang and I was in charge.  I had a lot of help and it went off without a  major hitch.  We had the traditional Trunk-or-Treat (trick-or-treating the parking lot) which we have found more necessary since we live in a more rural area.  It would take an hour for the kids to reach 25 houses if we trick-or-treated the neighborhood.

Our visitor from China.
Once the kids were done in the parking lot, we brought the whole family inside for a Halloween dance.  The gym looked so fun!  My analysis after we finished decorating was, "If I was six years old and I walked into this room, I would be thrilled!"

Annie.
We arranged for some refreshments, but tried to keep the food on the table healthy (vegetable trays, crackers, pretzels) and had hot cocoa and cider to warm us up. It wasn't a terribly cold Halloween--and it can get terribly cold around here.  

Princess Leia.
The best part is that there were no tears . . . not even from the mama!  Justin was working the whole time.  The children were wonderfully helpful getting things ready and the older pitched in to help the younger which is usually my job.  They were fun at the dance and we all had a great time.

Paul Bunyan.  Sadly, no axes in the church.
I came home totally exhausted, but happy.  The whole thing went off, the food was fine, the decorations were great, my children weren't totally neglected and all were costumed, except me.  This is the first year in a long time that I didn't dress up.  I just plain ran out of time.  I did feel a little bad about it, but felt better about the darling party we had.  Thank you to all of you who helped!

Yes, that is her real hair.  

On to Thanksgiving!  Yeehaw!

2 comments:

  1. Everyone looks great! I especially like the visitor from China. I'm happy for you that the activity went so well. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful children - Great costumes.

    ReplyDelete