Saturday, December 29, 2012

Hope

A few years ago, I posted about my then-eleven year old son.  I thought maybe he would never learn how to glue himself together every day.

Fast forward a few years.  He will be 14 in a couple of weeks.  He takes a shower every day.  He uses shampoo and soap.  He puts on deodorant.  He even wears clean underwear.  

In the past 24 hours, he has asked for a haircut and requested ironing lessons.

This was Christmas morning, so he was a bit disheveled which opposes the point of this post.
Nice smile, though.  :)
So, for you mothers of wrinkled, crazy-haired eleven year olds out there, here is your dose of hope.  
In a few short years, he will smell good and look nice.

And your heart will break just a little bit.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I hope we get there. We are in the midst of the 11's right now...

    Do you have any videos from the Nutcracker this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me feel a little bit sad. Who knew I might miss the 11 year old days?:-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only your handsome guy knew of all the YW who swoon over him every time he comes to town.

    ReplyDelete