Saturday, January 12, 2013

Random Memory

True story:  When I was a young girl, my mother somehow obtained a black faux fur toilet seat cover.  You know, those fuzzy toilet lid covers that everyone had in the 80's.  I'm not sure where it came from or where she got it, but I do know that she never used it for our toilet.

Mine wasn't zebra, it was shiny black mink.
I found it and knew, just knew, that it was a real fur bolero   I counted myself pretty lucky to have found such a luxe garment!  It was very fancy and even though the arm holes were in strange places (two holes between the fabric and the elastic), I still felt elegant as I pranced around the neighborhood in my mink.

So my question tonight, as this random memory pops into my brain, is for my mother.  Why did you let me wear that?  Didn't you notice your daughter was garishly flitting about the neighborhood in a toilet lid cover?  Ohhh, noo!  You did notice and you thought it was funny!  You stood at the sink washing dishes and looking out at the window with a big ol' smile on your face because that child is the strangest thing.

After all, that's probably what I would do if my daughter was wearing a "mink" toilet lid cover.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha!!! Not only am I the mother who would let my child do that while I watched from the window....I'd be grabbing the camera and preserving the memory!

    ReplyDelete