Wednesday, February 27, 2013

San Francisco Part II: Prep Time

Friday morning.
Competition day one.  

Hotel breakfast, long, hot shower and off to see some beauty.


We started out at the Conservatory of Flowers.  The day was incredibly beautiful with temperatures in the low 60's and a bright sun in the blue, blue sky.  California's Spring is so far ahead of North Idaho's.  Flowers were blooming there in February that don't bloom until at least May and more often June.


My sweet girl had her Christmas 3DS with her to use as a camera.  I didn't even know that it could do that!  She took hundreds (I think) of photos as we strolled along.


This was one of the best parts of the trip.  We didn't have the stress of the competition yet, we weren't tired and it felt like a vacation. These two had fun together and were good companions for me.


This is what I look like right now.  I tried and tired to get a photo of all three of us using the timer on the camera, but I can't really run right now.  We The kids had a great time laughing at me trying.  Now that I sit here days later, I wonder why the heck I didn't make the fit and active boy do the running?  Oh, geez.


After we finished wandering outside, it was time to go into the greenhouse.  It was perfect!  The air was thick and felt so good, since all of us were fighting head colds.  It was a completely beautiful tropic scene that was peaceful and quiet.  Just what the doctor ordered.


Yes, she is nine.  When I said, "Smile," she made this face.  
I adore her.


There we go.  One of all three of us.  
Isaac smile is a little posed and I've my late-pregnancy extra, but it does show all of us together!
Some more pretty.


We still had time and it wasn't far so we decided to see the Japanese Gardens next.  On the way, my girl spotted a Whomping Willow.  
(It isn't a willow and it wasn't whomping, but it did have a crazy cool trunk.)


Right off the path was a thicket of bamboo shoots.  The kids noticed some little game trails that wandered in and around so we went in to explore.  It was quickly discovered that there was nothing to see so I turned and headed out.  The girl went a ways further then came out herself.  I happened to be on the path already and got to witness the next event.  



There was a man strolling along, enjoying the lovely Spring day when something large jumped out of the bamboo.  He jumped and, clasping his chest, squealed a terrified squeal.  I couldn't help myself.  I burst out laughing as I mockingly warned, "Watch out!  Kid!"  He was scared out of his wits and I enjoyed it entirely.  It wasn't until hours later that I thought maybe it was a mean reaction and I should have been more concerned about his petrified heart.

It is probably wicked to say that it made my day.


I love the serene green layers of a Japanese garden and this was no exception.  It was lovingly crafted and cultivated.


Playing on the super steep steps.


And the super steep bridge.


No trip to anywhere would be complete without at least one ballet pose!


Now that we were relaxed and rejuvenated, we were off to dance.  
Bring on the stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment