Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day with No Pictures

Someone erased all of the pictures on my camera.  That isn't as terrible as it may sound to some of you because I am pretty good about downloading pictures regularly so I probably only lost twenty or so--and none were birthday or other major event photos.  The only big problem with that is that I have no pictures to illustrate my blog stories.  This makes me not want to write at all, but I shall.

We had a wonderful Valentine's couple of days.  We stretched it into two for various reasons.  I share my bed with such a good man.  As I get older and more and more of my friends separate, divorce or just complain about their husbands, I appreciate him more and more.  It is like a mathematical equation.  My belly is burgeoning right now with this beloved new son, but my husband is sincere and kind in his compliments to me.  I had a friend recently tell how her husband is not physically attracted to her while she is pregnant and how that is painful for her.  No kidding.  I know how hard I am on myself right now and if my husband was even a tad bit cruel about my size or new dark spots on my face or goofy way I have to walk/bend/sit/stand, it might be more than I could bear.

Back to Valentine's Day.  Justin and I celebrated on Wednesday by going to a great movie (Lincoln--love movies that make me think and send me home to do research on questions it made me ask) and dinner (prime rib covered in onions and mushrooms--oh my).  Mom watched our girls and they had a fun day with her.  She bought a juicer and so kept them busy making potions. They also crafted and played in the hot tub.  Grandma's house is so fun!  Just as we were leaving, my dad came home with two bouquets of flowers for my mom.  Since I was standing there, he gave one of them to me.  :)

Thursday, the actual Valentine's Day, was spent at home.  We wanted to have a fancy luncheon, but wanted to invite someone.  Most of the kids are in school and we don't have room for whole families to come dine, so we invited Joette.  She is always great company.  We had all kinds of fancy foods from croissant chicken salad sandwiches to strawberry floats.  The girls had a great time decorating the house and themselves in all shades of pink, red and white.

Today is gloriously sunny and bright.  It is still cold outside, but the girls and the dog are happier than they have been in months.  Sun in February is like a straight injection of joy!  I had better go take pictures.

4 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean. I have three friends right now who are in the process of getting divorced, and it REALLY makes me appreciate Whig more. I'm glad you're with a good guy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for good guys! I feel very blessed with my man too. Sounds like Valentine's day was more fun at your house than at mine... sick wife, work troubles, and a busy schedule meant we need to schedule a do-over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jenna I am the sick wife if there was ever any doubt. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED your wonderful valentine luncheon!! Thank you so so much for thinking of me and inviting me over. I'm just so glad that we live close and are able to spend so much time together!

    ReplyDelete