Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Fourteen Years

Recently, my friend Joette suggested she was going to throw a baby shower for me.  I lovingly poo-pooed her because I don't need a baby shower!  Baby showers are for first-time mothers.  Baby showers are for women with five boys who are finally getting their girl.  
Baby showers are not for women who, like me, have lots of babies of both genders.

She insisted so I relented.

Then I opened the box labeled Baby Boy Clothes.  
The fourteen year old box labeled Baby Boy Clothes.  
The box of clothes I'd been hanging on to, expecting that somewhere in the middle of that fourteen years,
there would be another boy.

Do you know how long fourteen years is?  
That is like from 1980 to 1994.  Think about the fashion evolution from 1980 to 1994.  

As soon as I opened the box, I knew that the shower wasn't as bad of an idea as I first thought.  
Here is just a tiny sample of the difference between 1999 and 2013:


Oh, boy.


3 comments:

  1. I love baby showers. I'm all for a baby shower for every baby! What better time to celebrate and shower one with gifts than that of welcoming a new little one into this world!! ... and giving props to the mama for all her hard work in the endeavor!! So excited for you and your family! He'll be here soon :). Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love baby showers too! I think every baby deserves a celebration. Enjoy!!

    We were drowning in clothes & hand-me-downs. At some point along the way I realized that the styles had changed a lot in the eight years between my youngest and my oldest. I quit saving most things & let them go to someone who could appreciate the styles now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! Enjoy the party and your new baby soon!

    ReplyDelete