Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Feeling . . . Not Pregnant

Fifty Things I Can Do Today That I Couldn't Do This Time Last Week
Alright, not really fifty things, but a lot.
  • Wash dishes without soaking my belly.
  • Walk without a pronounced waddle.
  • Sleep on my stomach.  (Well, I could until my milk came in--and will be able to again soon.)
  • Use the restroom at reasonable intervals rather than every ten minutes.
  • See, reach and even paint my toes.
  • Shave.
  • In the checkout line at the grocery store, I can squeeze between the cart and the candy rack.
  • Go one entire night without having to get up to go to the bathroom.  The entire night!
  • Stand without my varicose veins threatening to burst.
  • Turn over in bed.
  • Carry the four year old.
  • Cut my husband's hair without him having to lean far back so I could reach the front of his head.
  • Get out of bed without having to launch myself with my arms.
  • Go to sleep at night without taking my Zantac and Maalox cocktail.
  • Breathe deeply.

Needless to say, I feel much better. . . and so thankful to have this beauty in my arms.

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I have good pregnancies overall and for the most part I enjoy them...but it's always nice to get to the other side again. Glad you are feeling well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so precious! I always missed feeling the little ones kicking around inside but other than that was relieved to be done!! Hope you have a speedy recovery & everyone is taking good care of you.

    ReplyDelete