Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Florida: The Crazy and the Peaceful

Waiting for Jurassic Park in the Child Swap area.
Yes, he slept most of the day away.
We did go to the rest of Universal's Adventure Island while we were there.  Universal has this nifty thing called child swap.  All of us would wait in line together, then, when we got to the front of the line, I would wait in a room or off to the side while the kids rode.  After exiting the ride, one of the kids would hold the baby so I could ride with the other.  They took turns so every other ride they got to go twice in a row.  


Some of the rides were better than others.  Suessland was cute, but still couldn't hold a candle to Disney.  Everything needed dusting or a new coat of paint.  Nothing was as imaginative or elaborate and there were lots of broken parts.  I mean, it was fine, but if it weren't for the Harry Potter section, I would have been rather disappointed.  If I want to ride fun rides, I can go to a theme park near me and not have to be so blinkin' hot!  As to that, however, we did get a good drenching on the several "wet" rides.  Overall, it was a fun day, but I'll probably never go back.


Each day we were all relieved to get back to the hotel.  I heard several people say that you need a vacation after vacationing in Florida.  That was certainly true after our day in the amusement park!


This little sweetheart was held so much that he was always glad when he could lay on the blanket to kick his legs and punch his fists.  At barely two months old, he delighted us with his smiles and gentle cooing.

Fuzzy picture again.  I don't know what is wrong with my camera, dang it!
On our last day in Florida, we went on an air boat ride.  We saw a lot of flora and fauna that was foreign to us, including alligators.  


It was an interesting, peaceful, loud experience.  After the sometimes hectic week and stressful competition, we were all glad for this different activity.


And, as usual, our baby slept right through it.  :)


2 comments:

  1. Emily, that little baby is so sweet! Oh, my goodness! He looks so peaceful and delightful in every picture. I can imagine how much you are enjoying him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby swap is the best idea ever! I second what Betsy said- my favorite picture (I like them all) is the one of him and his sister in the hotel bed!

    ReplyDelete