Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Florida, Here We Come!

Eliza, Baby, and I spent a total of six hours on an airplane.
Besides being sleepy and not being able to sleep, our travel was good.  Our little one was perfectly behaved.  His tactic was to charm all of the passengers and crew, 


then fall sound asleep for most of the flight.  


My other traveling companion was excited to fly again (it had been a few years) and I thoroughly enjoyed her.  


I did remind the baby that he was being spoiled.  
Everyone else in the family had to wait until they were 8 years old to fly.  
He did not react.


As soon as we got off the plane, that singular weight of humid air hit my skin.  I was transported back to my first moments in Hawaii 18 years ago--my freshman year of college.  
The papers in my hand went limp and I began to melt.


Isaac was waiting for us at our gate (we flew out of different cities because he was already at Summer Intensive).  It was so good to see him.  He and Eliza started their antics right off.


That has been the highlight so far.  These two are great companions.
We went to Lake Eola, which is nestled right in Downtown Orlando.  I told them to stand by the benches so I could take a picture with the city and the lake and the fountain and all.
This is what they did.


Most of the time I don't know what they are doing, but they keep laughing so I just go with it.


It was a super gorgeous day, but about 2,000 degrees.  I was melting right into my shoes.


It was a beautiful park.  We wandered along on the shady pathway that circled the lake.  As soon as we saw a sunny patch, I'd hustle through just to slow back down to a crawl in the shade.  
I'm such a baby.


 Lots of swans and ducks and many other kinds of birds we don't have in North Idaho.


And crazy massive trees with witches hair hanging all over them.


We don't have those either!

As usual, the cool places to see and the fun things to do are only cool and fun when you have someone with whom to share them;
The brothers are together again.


Cue music: 
When you're with me,
baby, the skies'll be blue,
for all my life.
So happy together!
nah, nah, nah, nah,
so happy together!

1 comment:

  1. I made a decision to enjoy every stage of life and not wish away my children's years. I'll still admit that seeing the pictures of your two oldest and reading of your adventures does get me excited for what is to come.

    I'm glad you are having a good time- in spite of the humidity.

    ReplyDelete