Monday, August 19, 2013

Family Hike


Having our whole family home is such a delight.  We had an entire list of things we wanted to do this summer, but couldn't bring ourselves to do it without all of our children.  I tried to schedule camps and other activities for the girls so they wouldn't feel like their summer was slipping by, but August is really prime time for us!


The first big activity was a hike to a gorgeous mountain lake.  


We've been hiking together as a family since the beginning.  We were finally to the point where no one needed to be carried!  
Then we had a new baby.  :)


Good thing he is so cute!


The lake, as usual, was COLD.  It felt so good after our hot hike.  


King of the mountain.


We could not have asked for more perfect weather and the lake was clear and emerald. 
Just breathtaking.


Me and my little hiking buddy.  Isn't he getting so chubby and squishable?


We discovered this meadow of huckleberries last year.  Justin was more excited about this than any other part if the trip.  We brought home a pretty good load.


The hillside was very step and every one slipped at least once--sometimes for a long time.  It scared me so baby and I stuck to the bottom, picking whatever I could reach.


The reason we found this place last year was because of this little guy.  I was barely pregnant in fact, I didn't even know I was expecting yet.  My heightened sense of smell found the huckleberries a year ago.  Now, he is here in my arms.  Oh, joy!


Purple lipped and sliding off the hillside.  Home to make huckleberry milkshakes!
What a great day.


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely day- we've done a few short hikes with our family. I'm looking forward to doing some longer destination hikes as they get a bit older.

    ReplyDelete