Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Birthday Boys


We celebrated birthdays for these two last weekend.  It is fun to have birthday's for them because they are so excited about everything.


We were planning to go out after cake and presents, so Mom had Daniel well covered.  He still got chocolate cake on his clothes, but not as badly!  


This is one of the realities of special needs family members:  they don't blow out candles well.  Mom held up the candles so the rest of us could enjoy the cake without being totally grossed out.
I love how she is leaning back as far as she can.  Even off the cake, blowing out the candles can be grody.  :)


So many adoring fans.  This is just a portion of our family.  We love our "boys."


Cutie nieces and nephews.  They love Uncle Zach and Uncle Danny.


I think every gift was food.  They could not have been more thrilled!


After the cake and presents, we went to a club.  They had a couple of guys called the Dueling Pianos.  They take requests.  We tried to get there before the crowd so we could request Disney, Music Man and other favorites.  They were DELIGHTED with this.  
And you don't know delighted until you see these two being serenaded.


All of the over 21 family went to the bar together and danced.  There were a few great strangers who asked the boys to dance and their night got even better.


Danny and I dancing together.  My buddy.  We were singing Journey to each other.  They kid can't find one note from another, but he knows every song.  


I had mixed feelings about the night.  It was fun to dance with the boys--I got to dance with my dad, too, a thing I haven't done in a long time.  But, it was still a bar.  In most ways, I felt uncomfortable.  The songs we didn't request were not always wholesome.  I was mad at the musicians for singing those lyrics while my very innocent brothers were in the room.  (I do recognize that we brought them there and that the blame was technically on us.)  Next year, I think we'll ask Eliza to work up two dozen Disney songs and we can dance in the living room.  You know, 13th Article of Faith* and all.

I love these brothers of mine.  Counting my blessings.

We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul-We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment