Sunday, December 8, 2013

Shopping

I buy the newspaper.  Just one.  I am a couponer, but am by no means a crazy couponer.  In other words, I clip for the things I buy--or other things I'd like to buy, but can't make myself pay full-price for.  As long as I'm saving enough in coupons to justify my purchasing of the newspaper, I figure I'm getting the local news for free.

One of the other reasons I like the paper is so I can scour the ads.  When there is a particular purchase that I need to make, especially a high priced item, I watch the ads for weeks to familiarize myself with the price range of the item in question.  When an ideal, extra-low price is advertised, I buy.

Then, and this is where I think I'm a bit broken, I keep watching the ads.  For weeks.  If the price goes down, I kick myself.  That, I gloat, rarely happens.  I'm pretty sure the real reason I continue watching the ads is to revel in my awesomeness.  Knowing I got the best deal of the century strokes my pride better than few other things.

"You know the dohickey I bought last month?  I haven't seen it for less than 40% more than what I paid."

"That's great, honey," says the ever-patient man by my side.

"No, listen.  You need to understand how amazing I am.  I've been watching the ads and I've checked online and you CAN'T find if for less than what I paid!"

Poor guy.  Other wives must talk about the most interesting things.  Me?  I just tell him how many ways I've spent his money that day.

Does anyone else do this?  Why can't I buy something and let well-enough alone?

But, seriously.  I got the best deals for my kids' Christmas presents . . . last month!

:)

1 comment:

  1. I love it. I love deals too and I also tell my husband how I spend his hard earned money. It's satisfying when you know you've done the best you could.

    ReplyDelete