Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Good Man

 One of my most treasured possessions is my marriage to this good man.


I was able to get a facial last week.  As I was laying on the comfy bed, in the dimly lit room, with the soft music and nice smells, my heart beat in gratitude for Justin.  He was, technically, the one who paid for the facial.  He was holding down the fort while I was relaxing in that soothing place.  He is the one who wrote this darling poem for my birthday:

This is for those occasional moments
when mother needs a break
those days when the camel's back is loaded
not one more straw it can take

Dad will watch the kids for you
you need not worry about them
don't you dare feel guilty though
as if relaxation were a sin

Enjoy a movie by yourself
and treat yourself to a meal
Take your time and breathe in deep
allowing your sanity to heal


This picture makes me laugh mostly because of Eliza.
It was near the end of the photo shoot.
Dad was being silly and she just couldn't handle it.
He doesn't forget garbage day.
He always turns on my heated seat for me.
He brings me home a soda, candy bar or bundle of flowers at random moments.
He eats whatever I put in front of him.


And he tells me perfect things, like how he thinks I am getting prettier as I get older.
I know.  I am lucky.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you are lucky! And so is he! And so are your children! The world needs more marriages like this!

    ReplyDelete