Sunday, February 2, 2014

Snowy Update

Early this morning, I got the following note from my son:

Mom, I know that you compliment Dad, Eliza and I often on our writing skills, but I must tell you that you are a fantastic writer! Your blog posts are inviting and very loving. I hope that you will continue to do it as I most likely will be living away. It's nice to see everyone's faces and your opinions on life.

Well.  That little paragraph warmed me to the tips of my ears.

And so, since my son requested it, I will keep writing. If it is only important to he and I, I will keep writing.  Apparently there is some kind of Foosball game going on today.  I know this from Facebook.  I know this because we are all home sick with a terrible stomach bug and we don't want to do much of anything . . . which means Facebook.  Since that boredom-relief source is failing me, and since I've kept 1/2 cup of chicken broth and a cup of hot tea down for nearly an hour, I'm moving on.

This is what is going on in our neck of the woods.

Snow, snow, snow.  

It is breathtakingly beautiful 
(and it makes me feel better about not having a construction site in my back yard).  

Our winter, with a few exceptions, has been a bit of a dud.  The girls, therefore, have been outside nearly non-stop (until the sickness arrived and demanded otherwise).  Our puppy is a snow dog!  He loves to run around and play in the fluffy whiteness of it all.  I tried to get a picture of Patches and Baby Boy, but neither was cooperating very well.  Baby kept trying to roll over to stick his tongue in the snow and Patches just wanted to play.


Good grief.  Well, the trees are pretty.


There you go, Isaac.  Some more about our life here at home.
If you had to miss snow cream, at least you got to miss out on the vomit.
Happy Groundhog Day!
Here's to six more weeks of winter.

4 comments:

  1. I'm one of your blog stalkers, and I've only commented once or twice, but I just wanted to say that I enjoy your writing too! I agree- very inviting. And what really made me comment was that I've NEVER heard of anyone else who has heard of snow cream! Hope you all feel better soon. If that snow were here in Virginia, we'd be out of school all week (we were 2 weeks ago for much less than that), but then, I guess your schedule doesn't keep step with the school system anyway...nevermind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have you, Lynness! :) Yes, snow cream is an old family tradition. We LOVE it around here. I read the other day that we need to get a full foot of snow before they will cancel school. We are in a snow belt so it is to be expected. Good thing I rarely have to fashion school around the weather!

      Delete
  2. I agree with your son- keep writing!!! We had about 2 inches of snow last night....so sad, no snow cream for us. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having recently taken a break from facebook/pinterest, all things computer (most anyway), your blog is one of the few things I find I'm actually missing. Look forward to checking in every so often! And luckily, my time away from the computer has led to some more writing on my part as well, so here's to you and anyone else using words for more than just tweeting!

    ReplyDelete