Saturday, March 1, 2014

Happy March!

Today is March 1st.  It is 10 degrees at my house and the wind is howling so that I think the roof of our trailer is going to blow away.  We are expecting 12 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow.


Let's just say, it better go out like a lamb!

(I'm mostly kidding.  I don't mind the snow and winter weather--we chose to live here, after all.  Nevertheless, I'm beginning to itch for Spring.)

My husband served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Dominican Republic.  Now, for those of you who don't know,
the Dominican Republic shares an island with Haiti and is in the Caribbean.  
ie: the tropics.


He came home 20 years ago and hasn't been back.  He has always wanted to take me there and I have always wanted to see it; we haven't had the opportunity to go.  What does one do when one is stuck in frigid temperatures and gray winter days?
One researches trips they can't take.


As a missionary, they are busy teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ and serving the people of their assignment, so they aren't going to fancy resorts or swimming in the ocean.  In many ways, a return trip to the DR would be a whole new experience for him as well.

I can almost feel the warm sand between my toes and the sun on my back.  I can imagine feeling so hot that I need to cool down in a clear, blue pool or the surf of the ocean.  I can taste the salt on my lips.


I can even imagine days with nothing specific to do.
Ah, dreams.  You get me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment