Friday, May 23, 2014

The Hole

In the olden days, I would get excited about building a house.  As time wore on, however, I became jaded.  Anytime the banker or builder or candlestick maker gave me good news--potentially the good news--I'd just shrug and say, "I'll believe it when I see it."  
Well, now I see it.


And I can still hardly believe it.


This was last week:


And here's the same place one week later:



One week and one day and we have a hole.  Not just any hole, either; this is an epic hole.  A life-changer.
Brett started on Justin's 40th birthday.  He claimed to have waited for the birthday so it could be a present.
One heck of a present!


Let's walk down inside together, shall we?

Our baby boy discovered sticks about a week ago and has one in his hand pretty much all the time...
and probably will for the next 9 or 10 years!
Let me give you a little tour.  
This, ladies and gentlemen, is our hole.  
Please feel free to look about and ask any questions you might have.  
I love talking about it, so don't feel like you're being bothersome.

To give you some scale, that bright green lawn chair is a child-size Adirondack chair on the left uppermost peak.
Someone has to supervise the work.
This is it!  I can feel it . . . er, see it.  There's no going back now!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is exciting news. Can't wait to see what it becomes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!!! How incredibly exciting!!

    ReplyDelete