Thursday, May 1, 2014

Beautiful Day

Yesterday was a beautiful spring day.  The temperatures soared into the 70's and our spirits soared right up with the mercury.

The day was bound to be a good one;
we signed our construction loan closing documents first thing in the morning.
There was no two ways about it, I was in an optimistic mood!


We worked and played outside the whole day.
About midday, a backhoe arrived.


I squealed.  I really think I did!  I know I clapped.  We will have a slow start this week and things are supposed to pick right up to a flurry next week.  I'm so excited; I can hardly believe the time has come to commence the building of our house!

In the evening, we had some friends over and burned the giant slash pile that has been a blight in our meadow for some time.  It was a such a fun time.  It made my heart absolutely ache for my son--his being gone was the only restraint to calling it a perfect day.


There will be more, many, many more posts about our long-awaited home.
Another summer in our trailer is no big deal because we have our great, big yard.
And we will be in a house before the next winter.
Unbelievable!

1 comment:

  1. Hurray! I am happy that your home construction is underway.

    ReplyDelete