Friday, May 16, 2014

Mother/Daughter Symphony Date

 
Fuzzy picture, dang it!

The night before Mother's Day, my mother, sister, two oldest nieces, my eldest daughter and I all went downtown on a date.  We had dinner at a sweet little French cafe with some crazy good food like Asparagus and Wild Mushroom crepe, Lavender Salmon and . . . 
hamburger sliders.  

Go to a French restaurant and order burgers.  She is her father's daughter!  :)

Pretty girl with her amazing lamb dish.
After dinner, we ran the few blocks to the symphony.  The concert was completely fantastic and I LOVED being there with these women who are so dear to my heart.

After the symphony, went to another fancy place downtown where Grandma treated us to some incredible dessert.  I'm telling you, it was a night to remember.  I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

I wondered one time, why I was given so many daughters.  
Then I realized, it is because I have a rich legacy of good and worthy mothers.
I can pass that extraordinary gift along to four entirely new families.
The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.
A gift with a burden, but one I happily take.

1 comment:

  1. I love your closing statement. A good reminder for any parent.

    ReplyDelete