Thursday, May 29, 2014

Taking Shape

Now that the hole has been dug, the building process can begin!
And one perfect Spring morning, it did.


Footings were framed and poured.


And the next day, basement forms began to rise.


I tried to be a grown-up about it, I really did, but I am too excited to stay dignified and aloof all of the time.
I must admit that I am giddy.


Meanwhile, the rest of us are picking rocks.  The basement excavation uncovered a lot of beautiful river rock.  The kids and I are gathering as much of the rock as possible before the basement is back-filled.  If all goes according to plan, we're going to use those rocks for the basement egress wells, flowerbeds around the property and, potentially, the fireplace surround. Natural stone work comes at a premium, but it is gloriously beautiful.  I am certainly no professional, but my own labor, and that of my slave children, is free.
We'll see what comes of it.



They are, as I speak, pouring the basement walls.
Changes every day!

1 comment:

  1. It's a beautiful day!!!! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete