Thursday, June 26, 2014

Well, That was Embarrassing!

I was doing laundry and watching Cake Boss when my six year old daughter decided it was the perfect time for my make-over.

I always sit on the floor to fold, so she plopped down on the couch behind me.  She brushed my hair for a while, then she started adding . . . stuff.  It started with a thick dose of gel which was glopped and spread all over my head.  She combed that out carefully and then clipped in a few plastic barrettes.  The whole mass was sprayed thoroughly with hairspray (the nozzle held just centimeters from my head) and topped with a sparkly headband.  Gorgeous.  And shiny.  And heavy.

It's hard to tell, but this hair is sculpted.
After the hair, she decided my make-up needed a touch-up.  She worked so hard and gave me . . . well, let's just say that I felt, like, soooo pretty!  The pictures don't do justice to the amazing technique and the mostly-on-the-lips lipstick. 


She added two different earrings (they were both so fancy that she just couldn't decide) 
and declared me DONE!

These pictures don't show the awesomeness of my heavily applied make-up.  Dang it!
(Apparently, she needed some make-up, too.)
I thanked her, we shot a couple of glamour shots and I got back to my laundry.  I was in the bathroom putting away towels when one of my daughters ran up to me.  

"Mom!" she declared in a panicked voice, "Uncle Derek is standing on the front porch!"

True story.

1 comment: