Monday, July 28, 2014

The Walls Begin to Rise

The neighboring state had some crazy serious wildfires last week which resulted in heavy, smoky air here.
It was yucky, but made the most beautiful colors in the sky.
I wish I had a camera that could capture the moon because it was blood-red for several nights in a row.
Here is the sun mid-morning.


With this smoky backdrop, we had walls begin to rise.


It is great to see the paper-flat plans take on dimension.  Everyone says framing is the best part and I can certainly understand why they would say that!  


This will be my laundry room window.  
This is the kind of thing that makes my heart sing:
the tree is centered.


And once again in one of the library windows;
the trees are centered.


I seriously love that kind of thing!

Here is the back of the living room and the kitchen entrance.
Many, many windows.
Can you hear my heart singing?!


Here is the front of the house, one corner of which is our bedroom.  
Those three side windows face the east.
You know what happens each day in the east, right?
Sunrise.
My favorite way to be awakened.


The trusses are on their way!

No comments:

Post a Comment