Thursday, July 17, 2014

Wood

After the basement slab was poured, a big truck showed up.  I get excited any time a big truck shows up around here because that means progress!  They brought wood; stacks and stacks of wood.


Joists and beams and 2x6's and treated lumber and boxes of nails and glue . . .
and I don't even know what all!


I tried really hard to not think of it as money.
But it was hard.


Before we knew it, joists were going in.





It has been super hard for me to not stand out there all day, watching and taking pictures.
I don't want to bug our framers because I want them to work, but it is just so wonderful!
Anyway, you know what goes on top of floor joists?
That's right.
A floor.



Otherwise known as a ceiling!
Yippee!  We have a basement!
If a tornado or lightening storm or other calamitous natural even occurs, there is a place for my family to find protection.
It may seem like a strange reaction, but it is the first thing that came to mind.
My children are just that much safer.

And look what happened today:

A WALL!!
I nearly cried.

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! I'm glad you are taking so many pictures because I am thoroughly enjoying watching your home be built!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo Heather's sentiment. Keep the pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete