Friday, August 22, 2014

House Update

Hello! 
from my glorious gaggle of geese.



I've been working very hard on the dirt removal.  See the mound the baby is on in the picture below?  That is gone.  I now have just the huge pile along the back of the house.
But the backhoe is low on fuel.
So it will have to wait.


Looky what happened today!


The roofers got started today, the plumbers started yesterday, the flooring/cabinet/counter top lady stopped by for measurements, and the window guy came and we talked about each and every window in the place.  In the way of information-you-don't-care-to-know, we have casement, fixed, single-hung, double-hung and sliding windows.  We have paned, obscured and clear glass.  I had never thought about the variety of windows available.  We're going for variety!


The dirt also has to wait because we have a new slew of jobs.  I've got to sort this mess out, for one thing.  I can't just waste it all, goes against my nature, so I'm separating the usable from the unusable.  The unusable will be cut and stacked for either burning or a massive set of awesome blocks.  Those pieces that are large enough will go to build storage shelves, closet systems and a play house.


Right now, it overwhelms me.
Then, we need to paint the fascia before the roofers do their next step.  It has been raining quite a bit; it makes me super happy, but also makes it hard to paint.

Right now I need to fold 90 loads of laundry.
I'm only barely exaggerating.
And that's only a slight exaggeration of my exaggeration.

Next time I'll give you a tour of the INSIDE.  Yippee!

1 comment: