Tuesday, September 9, 2014

I'm Fired

If you'll remember, I posted a few weeks ago about how there were tons of dirt to move and my contractor wasn't doing it fast enough.  I semi-jokingly told him to teach me how to use the backhoe and I'd do it.  He told me to go ahead.

Long story short, my dad came and gave me an actual lesson and I've driven the thing for hours and hours and have moved most of the dirt.  I'm seriously so close to being done.

My biggest fear in doing this job is that I would break Brett's machine.  It is an expensive tool to borrow!  Well, guess what.  Today, I broke his machine...or at least one of the huge tires.


I'm still not sure what happened, but the roofers were here so I wonder if there was a rogue nail or something.  I don't know, but I do know that I was super embarrassed to tell him what I did.  Talk about ruining that brave, can-do image I'd carefully established.

Do you know what his response was?

"It's all good. :) I'll call Les Schwab in the morning."

WHAT?  I told him that if that was his entire response that I wanted to be his kid.

He didn't say it yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll be fired.  What a crappy employee.

No comments:

Post a Comment