Thursday, October 30, 2014

Beams and a Front Porch Begins

Our house's exterior has undergone a transformation.
Before:

The rough-sawn fir beams cut from the forests of North Idaho are in place!


They are massive and beautiful and smell so good.
In fact, I keep sticking my nose up against the wood,
just like I stick my nose into the spine of a new book.
Delicious.

Here they are, wrapped in the porch's frame.


There will be arched supports on each of those beams.
They should finish the porch this week and have begun the siding.


Things have slowed up again.  We got a huge giant enormous quote from the power company.  It shouldn't be stalling other progress, but it seems to be.
We signed a 60 day extension on the construction loan.
I'm trying to be patient.

Meanwhile . . .
we booked a family room at this themed hotel,


in this Bavarian Christmas town


for Christmas.

We won't be in our house, but we will have a Christmas to remember!


No comments:

Post a Comment