Sunday, October 19, 2014

Stop Complaining

There are some things in my life that are a challenge, but I had an experience recently that reminded me that 
my life is not so tough.


We were at the doctor for his 18 month well-child check-up.
"Any allergies?"
"No."
"Is he taking any medications?"
"No."
"Was he premature?"
"No."
"Does he have any health problems?"
"No."
"Did he have any problems at birth?"
"No."
"Were there any complications while you were pregnant or during delivery?"
Again, "No."
"Do you have any concerns about his health today?"
"No."

And that was just the start.  We went through a rather lengthy list on a medical history form and the answer to each one was the same:
He is healthy and always has been.


That was when a ton of bricks fell from the sky
and hit me right on the head.

He is healthy.
They are all healthy.
My husband is healthy.
I am healthy.
Even our dingdang dog is healthy.


That isn't to say we don't have a little bit of this and a little bit of that because we certainly do have a pile of doctor's bills to prove it.  But a bump removed, a test taken, a spot burned off, those are all piddly.

Hat Hair
I know I take our general health for granted and after hearing the list, I was propelled to my (figurative) knees. 
(I was in the doctor's office, having a conversation, after all.)
I knew, right then and there, that I needed to do some serious repenting.
Heavenly Father has blessed me so much that I don't have room to hold it--literally! 
That is my problem!  
Can you imagine complaining about not having enough room because you have so many blessings?!

My heart has turned and I am sorry for my grumpy, embittered attitude.
My Father loves me and I, his selfish, greedy, short-sighted daughter hasn't been doing a very good job of saying thank you.
I am turning away from that person 
because I can.
I have nothing about which to complain.
The End


2 comments: