Saturday, November 15, 2014

No Longer a Baby

This is one of my favorite sights as a mother.
I absolutely love catching an older reading to a younger.
The younger, in this case, is 19 months old.


He communicates very well and his constantly growing vocabulary is a delight!
He refuses a bottle and mostly refuses a sippy cup.
He sits at the table, still in a booster seat, but no longer eats off of his tray.
He LOVES Mr. Rogers, which pleases his mother greatly.


And then there is his hair....

His older brother insists that it is time for a haircut.  Insists.
I know that when you cut a baby's hair, they stop being a baby and turn into a child.
This makes my heart hurt and made me resist for a long time.
Last night, I finally gave in.


And, just like that, I no longer have a baby in the house.
Good thing I love toddlers.

No comments:

Post a Comment