Monday, January 12, 2015

YAGP Seattle

Last weekend was Youth America Grand Prix in Seattle, Washington.
We were able to drive this time which saved us so much money, especially since gas prices are low!  The hours in the theater are long, so I brought my 11 and 13 year old daughters to tend the 1 year old.  They were good sports and it made my weekend much better.
Stretching and getting into the zone in the hotel room.

It was Isaac's first year in the Senior Division (ages 15-19) so we really didn't know what to expect.
I don't have any photos of him in costume or on stage.

You'll have to use your imagination:
imagine a powerful, yet gentle dancer
doing his thing.

He was awesome. 
Not awesome as in the slang for hip, cool, neato, fierce, sick, or hot.
Awesome as in causing or inducing awe.

I'm his mom and, though I do try to be objective, it is hard to not think your own kid is the best thing in the universe.

Sisters waiting for the awards ceremony to begin.
They were not as bored as this picture seems to declare!


This time the judges, and seemingly everyone in the audience, agreed with me.
He won!


First Place in Senior Contemporary
Third Place in Senior Classical



Congratulations, Isaac!!
Big weekend for you, kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment