Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Cabinets and More

So, one day, these showed up.

I'm not going to lie.  I got a little misty-eyed.
Several times that day.
And maybe a few times on subsequent days.


When the house is all finished, I'll give you a detailed tour . . . and there are many delightful details!
  For now, though, you can get a good idea.

From the beginning, I wanted a wood grain to disguise my skilled housekeeping, so we went with quarter-sawn oak.  The color is based off a gorgeous antique secretary in my mother-in-law's house.
My son unwittingly gave the best compliment when, with a curled lip, he said, "It looks like an old house, now."
YES!  That's what we're going for!


After having a butcher block counter in our last house, I knew I wanted one here as well.
I absolutely love how they feel and don't mind that they get dinged up in their use.
On the perimeter, though, we want something that holds up better to water and heat.
We wanted a solid surface counter (Corian), but granite turned out to be cheaper!
We are going with a matte granite because I like it. It is called Black Mist.


Also, the shower pan is taking shape and tiling starts today.


Exciting stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment