Monday, May 25, 2015

Strength in the Sabbath Day


Yesterday was the Sabbath Day.  I didn't lay a single stone on my slow-growing fireplace.  We didn't pack a single box.  We didn't haul anything to the dump, sweep any floors or paint any surfaces.
We took the day off from our labors.

"The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath." 
Mark 2:27

Yes, the day that was made for me helped me take a step back and focus on my Savior.  I recognized my ingratitude was what fueled my feelings of hopelessness and frustration last week.  I was given the opportunity to turn from my bad attitude and to turn toward my Heavenly Father.

Today is a big day as we move out of our trailer and continue work on our new house.
I love my life and am thankful for the blessings I have.
Forward, Pressing Forward!

3 comments:

  1. This post makes me happy! I love the Sabbath day- I think especially when I make it a day of rest from my labors. I'm glad you got your focus back- it makes such a difference!! Here's to a wonderful week full of progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As my oldest (13) grows up, he appreciates more and more the difference of the Sabbath- instead of "I can't do this, and I can't do that", he realizes, "Hey, I don't have to mow the lawn/practice piano/do homework" etc!
    I'm glad it's done you good, since you have had some cause for frustration...I've been watching progress on your house, and I would be climbing the walls. We've got a house down the street being built and it only got started a couple months ago and seems like it's at about the same place yours is now. Just doesn't seem fair, but I'm sure there's a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. It's such a reminder of what is important.

    ReplyDelete