Thursday, May 21, 2015

Tough Week

Normally, I'm resilient.  Normally, I'm optimistic.  Normally, I'm hopeful.
This week I have been none of those.
I've been hopeless, skeptical, cynical, downtrodden, and just plain beat.
This week we had bad news from the bank, no news from the electric company (we've been "on the list" since March 3rd.....), and absolutely no one here working on our house.
The house is supposed to close on May 31st.
That is just over one week away.

Several weeks ago, after yet another giant irritation, my husband tore the Bon Prix sign off of the trailer.


Then, more recently, our daughter recorded this message in Sharpie:


As the trailer continues to crumble around us, even as we are packing up to leave it,
our son added this sentiment:


 Once my husband and I realized graffiti was inevitable, we jumped on the bandwagon as well.


We are, all of us, sick, sick, sick of this house and the sum total of the building process.
Next week, a four day work week because of Memorial Day, the house is supposed to be wrapped up.
There is at least a month's worth of work yet to do.
Good gracious, will we make it??!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Emily! What a rough week! I hope you have a marvelous weekend doing something wonderful and fun with your family- not in the trailer. May your soul be rejuvenated and your hope restored!

    P.S. I like the graffiti. :)

    ReplyDelete