Thursday, July 9, 2015

Big Little Things

No.
Just quit asking. ;)
I feel like I'm way over my due date and my belly is too big for maternity clothes and everyone still feels obligated to ask, "Are you STILL pregnant?!"

But, listen, we had some big little things happen this week and I'm happy about that.

First, a drinking fountain!
  

Then the shower doors showed up. They surely have come a ways since the days of the sliding doors with gold embossed flowers, haven't they? I LOVE these babies.


Mirrors are in and lights over the mirrors are hung. (Since the mirrors make an L shape on the walls above the vanity, I couldn't get out of the picture. "Hi!")


Finally, here's a (pre-washed and sealed) picture of my crowning DIY achievement:


My goodness, that took a long time!

I made Justin take the Suburban to work today so I couldn't go in and work. I'm catching up on laundry and cleaning and cuddling. (My toddler took his entire nap on my chest while I visited with my NYC living big boy. I don't feel the least bit bad about that!)

All the while, in this little brain of mine, I'm gearing up for the school year. I'm bound and determined to be the best teacher ever, now that I'll have a place. So many exciting ideas running around up there!

What about you? Are you planning your curriculum?

3 comments:

  1. That shower looks so perfect and clean that part of me would want to just let it be for show- noone uses it! I love how your fireplace turned out- it looks amazing! I really like the L shape mirrors- great idea! And so happy that you got to sit and cuddle and just focus on being a mom. As for being the best teacher ever, I'm just trying to get unpacked so a can be a better teacher at this point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed with you! projects you take on and conquer with the house, the family, and home schooling

    ReplyDelete