Thursday, July 30, 2015

Bye, Bye, Trailer House

Today was the day, the long awaited day.  Today was demolition day.

He first stripped of as much of the metal as he could.  This exposed the 2x2's and the thin layer of insulation between the sheet metal and the paneling. No wonder the inside was usually the same temperature as the outside!!


I watched most of the action because I didn't want to miss anything. Yes, we lived there for four years. Yes, we made happy memories there. No, I did not feel any sadness to see the metal teeth tearing into the feeble dwelling.


That isn't to say I wasn't thankful for shelter. I am saying it was a death trap that needed to go to the grave (before it put us there!)


Work was halted for awhile because our ceiling was filled with wasps nests. We knew they were there because sometimes you could almost feel the vibrations of their millions of tiny wings. Also, parts of the metal siding was bowing out from the pressure of the wasp's homebuilding.  Once things were pretty well torn apart, the wasps were insanely angry. 


Our lot feels waay bigger now, with the trailer out of the way. 
So glad to have that bugger gone.



2 comments:

  1. I think I told you recently how amazing you are to me...well, living with wasps in your ceiling...that just blows me away!! Especially knowing that they were there!! It's been so neat to watch you build your dream house on earth, but the thought just occurred to me that you have also been busy building your mansion in heaven...and what a grand mansion it is becoming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! I am so glad that the trailer is gone and your new house is complete.

    ReplyDelete