Wednesday, September 9, 2015

The Tarp

We have a small utility trailer.

My dad was a trucker for many years, despite that fact (or maybe because of it--easier to do on his own), I never learned how to maneuver utility trailers.
I've shared horrible stories about me learning how to back up a trailer.
It has been an ugly saga.
But now, I have to boast, I can back up my little trailer pretty straight most of the time
without bawling.
In fact, I wouldn't mind hauling the trailer anymore,
except for the tarp.

All of the loads to anywhere must be covered.  Our trailer didn't have any loops or hooks to catch bungee cords or ropes so the tarp was constantly coming loose.  We usually had to stop for a re-adjust at least once on the way to the dump.
Infuriating.
So, I took one tiny portion of a morning and solved the problem.
I drilled holes and inserted hook bolts on all sides of the trailer.


Then, I picked up a cheap pack of smaller bungees from Harbor Freight and 
all of the sudden, my life is all ease and comfort.


Why didn't I do that sooner?!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I just have to say that I really appreciate you. Thanks for sharing your life through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, girl! Isn't it amazing how simple some solutions can be?

    ReplyDelete