Saturday, September 12, 2015

Two

Some people call this the "Terrible Twos."  
I don't know how anyone could think this is terrible!

Our two year old charms us on a regular basis.
I cannot get over his desire for independence;
his mindset that he is "not a baby."

The other day, I caught him reading the comics while he ate his breakfast cereal.
The superman hat is a delightful bonus.


He is best buddies in the world with his big sister. 
She takes such care with him, always making sure he is included and safe when playing with the big kids.


Justin is teaching science this year.  Everyone requested chemistry, so chemistry it is!
He called the children into the mudroom, where we have the large whiteboard, for a lecture.
Our two year old, in his Superman cape, sat right down with them, ready to learn.


So, yes, he climbs on things, dumps out things, writes on things, still wears diapers, can be obstinate, and cries and whines when he doesn't get his way.

That doesn't make it terrible, it makes it textured, varied, and rewarding.


I love me a two year old.
Especially a superhero one.




2 comments:

  1. I was just talking with a friend the other day about my 3 year old and realized that all my children were still quite fun and delightful at 2...it was after they reached 3 that they become terrible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Heather. Usually, it seems that it was six months on & six months off. The little 2-year-olds are so adorable though when they're not infuriating.

    ReplyDelete