Wednesday, December 9, 2015

I'm Back!

Oh, you guys.  I thought it would never happen, but I feel better!  This whole week, I've reminded myself that I'm not a lazy, lay-in-my-bed-half-the-day, do-the-job-half-way person.  That isn't who I am, it was just a short-term pause in my usually busy lifestyle.  I finished reading the eighth 600 page book in a nine book series and, as much as I want to finish the series, I don't want to even pick up the last book.  I'm sick of reading!  I want to move my body, get stuff checked off my list.

This week, I cleaned, went grocery shopping, did some Christmas shopping (in a store--where you walk around and choose things, instead of online where you sit on your hiney and read endless reviews), decorated for Christmas, caught up on laundry and crafted.  You read that right:  I crafted.


I'm getting things checked off my list, things I'd beginning to think I would never get done.  It is amazing how I nearly forgot who I was!  I would look at a big project I had done in the house (the tile or the fireplace, for instance) and wonder where I got the time or energy to complete those jobs.  Would I ever accomplish anything again?!


We were able to get the house Christmasified.  My cottagy house, with all the wood and stone, lends itself so easily to Christmas decorating.  The vision in my head was thwarted by the fact that I've lived in a small space for years; the decorations I do have don't fill up the new house.  Also, the ideas I've nurtured for our Christmas house is expensive to do all at once!  Darn.  I went back to my roots and came up with inexpensive or free decorating ideas.  It is cute and I'm happy with it.  I'll continue to make or buy (on clearance) a little bit here and there to fill out my Christmas house vision.

It is so good to be Emily again.  My family has been patiently waiting for me to come back.  I am so happy to be here.

Promising to visit with you again soon,
The MotherShip

No comments:

Post a Comment